Increasing the competitiveness of enterprises based on the use of marketing management tools
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to substantiate the need to use marketing management tools to increase the competitiveness of the enterprise and create a model of interaction of tools in the implementation of marketing strategies.
Methodology / approach. The research was conducted on the base of sociological methods by means of statistical questioning of 200 respondent-entrepreneurs, owners, or runners of small business in the Western Region of Ukraine. Using the analysis of variance, the authors of the article studied variation of the results of the sociological investigation on marketing management tools, used for implementation of different strategies of business development. The factorial analysis was used to describe the factor structure of the marketing management tools. The calculations are made with application of the software Statistica 8.
Results. Substantiation of the use of marketing tools to increase the competitive advantage of enterprises based on the results of the conducted sociological interviewing of 200 respondent-entrepreneurs, owners or managers of small and medium-sized businesses. Referring to the results of the factorial analysis of marketing management tools, used for implementation of different strategies of business development, the researchers specify three factors.
Originality / scientific novelty. For the first time, the model of interaction of marketing management tools in the context of implementation of marketing strategies is formed, and it is investigated a structure of marketing tools at implementation of various strategies of business development to increase competitiveness of the enterprises.
Practical value / implications. The main purpose of using marketing management tools is determined, which will allow enterprises to coordinate their marketing activities, optimally allocate resources at all its stages and, as a result, will directly influence the formation and increase the level of competitiveness. The research results can be applied at enterprises of the Western region of Ukraine to provide substantiation of management decisions regarding improving competitiveness on the basis of marketing management.
2. Biuksane, I. and Judrupa, I. (2018), Methodology for evaluation of marketing and management efficiency: key of fisheries sector in Latvia. Proceedings of the 32nd International Business Information Management Association Conference, IBIMA, pp. 1276–1282.
3. Dibrova, A., Davydenko, N., Nehoda, Y. and Titenko, Z. (2020), Financial provision for competitiveness of agricultural enterprises. Intellectual Economics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 67–75. https://doi.org/10.13165/IE-20-14-1-04.
4. Eckhardt, G. M., Houston, M. B., Jiang, B., Lamberton, C., Rindfleisch, A. and Zervas, G. (2019), Marketing in the sharing economy. Journal of Marketing, vol. 83, is. 5, pp. 5–27. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022242919861929.
5. Jansto, E., Polakovic, P., Hennyeyová, K. and Slovakova, I. (2019) Analysis of the current support of E-marketing activities in selected enterprises of the wine sector in Slovakia. AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 31–34. https://doi.org/10.7160/aol.2019.110403.
6. Korineyv, V. and Martinenko, D. (2014), Strategic planning of marketing as the constituent of adaptive control by an enterprise. State and regions. Series: Economics and Business, no. 3(78), pp. 71–74.
7. Kotler, F. (2020), Marketynh ot A do Ya. 80 kontseptsyi, kotorыe dolzhen znat kazhdыi menedzher [Marketing from A to Z. 80 Concepts Every Manager Needs to Know], Alpina Publisher, Kyiv, Ukraine.
8. Krykavskyi, Ye. V., Starostina, A. O. and Honcharov, N. P. (2009), Marketynh [Marketing], Znannia, Kyiv, Ukraine.
9. Kucher, A., Kucher, L., Taratula, R. and Dudych, L. (2021), Formation of sustainable competitiveness of enterprises on soils of different quality. International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector, vol. 13, is. 3, pp. 49–64. https://doi.org/10.4018/IJISSS.2021070104.
10. Kurtz, D. and Boone, L. (2003), Contemporary marketing, 11-th ed., South-Western, Mason, OH.
11. Lepa, R. M., Solokha, D. V., Koverha, S. V. et al. (2012), Marketynh ta menedzhment: metody, modeli ta instrumenty [Marketing and management: methods, models and tools], LLC “Skhidnyi vydavnychyi dim”, Donetsk, Ukraine.
12. Myskiv, G. V., Pavlenchyk, N. F. and Fursina, O. M. (2018), Objective and subject factors forming credit policy of Ukraine banks. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, vol. 4, no. 27, pp. 61–70. https://doi.org/10.18371/fcaptp.v4i27.154025.
13. Nurakhova, B. (2017), An efficient marketing strategy for competitiveness of the milk and dairy industry: case of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Espacios, vol. 38, no. 48. 37. https://www.revistaespacios.com/a17v38n48/a17v38n48p37.pdf.
14. Panarad, P., Fernandes, P. O., Razumova, S. (2018), Marketing strategy implementation in machine construction industry: Belarus vs Portugal. In the 31st International Business Information Management Association Conference, IBIMA, Milan, Italy. Pp. 4466–4477.
15. Pawlowski, G., Rusyn-Hrynyk, R. and Kataiev, A. (2019), Regulation of the Competitiveness of Financial Business Structures. In the 34th International Business Information Management Association Conference, IBIMA, Madrid, Spain. Pp. 9976–9981.
16. Pavlenchyk, N., Mekhovych, S., Bohoslavets, O. and Gayvoronska, I. (2019), Integration of partial least squares path modeling for sustainable tourism development. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, vol. 8, is. 2, pp. 4309–4312. https://doi.org/10.35940/ijrte.B1813.078219.
17. Petrunia, Yu. Ye. and Petrunia, V. Yu. (2016), Marketynh [Marketing], University of Customs Affairs and Finance, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine.
18. Popova, N., Kataiev, A., Skrynkovskyy, R. and Nevertii, A. (2019), Development of trust marketing in the digital society. Economic Annals-XXI, vol. 176, is. 3–4, pp. 13–25. https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V176-02.
19. Porter, M. (2007), Konkurentnaya strategyya: metodyka analyza otraslej y konkurentov [Competitive strategy: techniques for analyzing industries and competitors], Alpyna Byznes Buks, Moscow, Russia.
20. Riswantoa, A., Rastob, R., Hendrayatib, H., Saparudinc, M., Abidind, A. Z. Primafira, A. and Ekae, B. (2020), The role of innovativeness-based market orientation on marketing performance of small and medium-sized enterprises in a developing country. Management Science Letters, vol. 10, pp. 1947–1952. https://doi.org/10.5267/j.msl.2020.2.019.
21. Smith, A. (1977), An inquiry into the nature and causes of the wealth of nations, ed. E. Cannan, University of Chicago Press, USA. https://doi.org/10.7208/chicago/9780226763750.001.0001.
22. Stusek, J., Kubata, K. and Ocenasek, V. (2017), Strategic importance of the quality of information technology for improved competitiveness of agricultural companies and its evaluation. AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 109–122. https://doi.org/10.7160/aol.2017.090411.
23. Tkach, V., Pavlenchyk, A., Sadchenko, О. abd Davydenko, I. (2019), Modeling buying demand in the tourism industry based on machine training methods. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, vol. 8, is. 2, pp. 744–747. https://doi.org/10.35940/ijrte.B1800.078219.
24. Treacy, M. and Wiersema, F. (2007), Marketyng vedushhyx kompanyj. Vybery potrebytelya, opredely fokus, domynyruj na rynke [The discipline of market leaders: choose your customers, narrow your focus, dominate your market], Dyalektyka-Vylyams, Sankt Peterburg, Russia.
25. Urbancová, H. and Vrabcová P. (2021), Implementing selected strategic documents focused on increasing efficiency and competitiveness of agricultural enterprises in the Czech Republic. Agricultural Economics – Czech, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 144–151. https://doi.org/10.17221/381/2020-AGRICECON.
26. Vinichenko, I. I., Trusova, N. V., Kalchenko, S. V., Pavlenko, O. S., Vasilev, S. V. and Holovko, R. A. (2021), Ensuring protection of the competitiveness of farms in the modified macro and micro environment of the multifactor risk. Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 39, no. 6. https://doi.org/10.25115/eea.v39i6.5113.
27. Volkovа, N. I. and Oklander, T. O. (2009), Marketynh [Marketing], Nauka i tekhnika, Odesa, Ukraine.
28. Xuan, Vu N., Nguyen, T. P. T. and Ngo, T. A. (2020), Factors affecting the business performance of enterprises: evidence at Vietnam small and medium-sized enterprises. Management Science Letters, vol. 10, is. 4, pp. 865–870. https://doi.org/10.5267/j.msl.2019.10.010.
29. Xuhua, H., Ocloo, C. E., Akaba, S. and Worwui-Brown, D. (2019), Effects of business to business e-commerce adoption on competitive advantage of small and medium-sized manufacturing enterprises. Economics and Sociology, vol. 12, no. 1, 80–99. https://doi.org/10.14254/2071-789X.2019/12-1/4.
30. Yuzevych, V, Klyuvak, O. and Skrynkovskyy, R. (2016), Diagnostics of the system of interaction between the government and business in terms of public e-procurement. Economic Annals-ХХI, vol. 160, is. 7–8, pp. 39–44. https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V160-08.