Improvement of the system of institutional support of sustainable environmental management of the Carpathian region and the Euroregion “Bug”
Purpose. The aim of the study is to improve the organizational structure of institutional support of sustainable environmental management in the Carpathian region and the Euroregion “Bug”.
Methodology / approach. The general theoretical scientific methods, fundamental principles of environmental economics, cross-border cooperation, which are highlighted in the works of both Ukrainian and foreign scientists on economic problems of ensuring sustainable environmental management, were used as the methodological basis of the study. To perform the tasks, the following research methods were used: monographic (to study the principles of environmental management); system-structural (to study the essence and content of institutional support of sustainable environmental management); institutional (to assess the relationship and research the cross-effect between regional and local authorities); abstract-logical (theoretical and methodical generalizations and formulation of conclusions).
Results. The developed theoretical-and-methodological, and applied provisions for improving the system of institutional support of sustainable environmental management were logically brought to the level of specific proposals suitable for implementation into the practice of public administration and local government in the context of cross-border cooperation. It was proposed to develop the Concept of balanced development of cross-border and border regions for 2022–2026, highlighting the state of implementation of current tasks, prospects for projects, cross-border cooperation agreements, integration of border regions to the European information and intellectual domain as well as monitoring the state of their implementation in the future. All of that will provide an opportunity to get sustainable development and improvement of the reputation of the border areas of Ukraine from the ecological, economic, and social points of view.
Originality / scientific novelty. It was formed and scientifically substantiated from the standpoint of an integrated approach and synergistic effect, necessary strategic imperatives and preconditions for developing a strategy of cross-border cooperation between Ukraine and neighbouring countries on the terms of joint implementation of Strategies, programs, and agreements that correspond to the strategic directions of ecological, economic, and social development of each country and region, outline the needs and future goals of cross-border cooperation to avoid isolated development of only one of the parties in the context of cross-border and Euroregional cooperation.
Practical value / implications. A system model of institutional support for cross-border cooperation is developed, which interacts with elements of the internal and external environment in particular based on a single regulatory framework, which will serve as a doctrine of environmentally balanced development and will allow implementation in practice a comprehensive approach of solving environmental, economic and social transboundary problems and ensure environmental protection based on complementary requirements established in border and cross-border regions.
2. Gadzalo, A. Ya. (2016). Problems of environmental management in ensuring balanced development Ukraine. Naukovyj visnyk Uzhhorods'koho natsional'noho universytetu. Seriia: Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove hospodarstvo, 7(1), 71–73. Available at: http://www.visnyk-econom.uzhnu.uz.ua/archive/7_1_2016ua/20.pdf.
3. Omelchenko, A. (2015). Cross-border cooperation in the field of ecological and social development of Euroregions. Economist. Available at: http://ua-ekonomist.com/10895-transkordonne-spvrobtnictvo-u-sfer-ekologchnogo-socalnogo-rozvitku-yevroregonv.html.
4. Herasymchuk, Z. V., Vakhovych, I. M., Holian, V. A., & Oleksiuk, A. O. (2006). Transformatsiia instytutsional'noho mekhanizmu pryrodokorystuvannia v umovakh hlobalizatsii: ekolohichni imperatyvy ta systemni superechnosti [Transformation of the institutional mechanism of environmental management in the conditions of globalization: ecological imperatives and system contradictions]. Lutsk, Nadstyr’ia.
5. Drebot, O. I. (2012). Instytutsionalizatsiia lisovoho sektora ekonomiky v konteksti staloho rozvytku Ukrainy [Institutionalization of the forest sector of the economy in the context of sustainable development of Ukraine]. Kyiv, DIA.
6. Hranovska, L. M. (2019). Institutional support of rational environmental management in the agricultural sector of the economy of southern Ukraine. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia, 2, 12–21. https://doi.org/10.33730/2310-4678.2.2019.184041.
7. Liesnaia, O. S. (2010). Entrepreneurs’ associations are effective institutions for influencing the business environment. Derzhava ta rehiony. Seriia: Ekonomika ta pidpryiemnytstvo, 4, 117−120.
8. Rosetska, Yu. B. (2007). Institutional forms of development of competitive relations (Abstract of PhD thesis), Odesa National Economic University, Odesa.
9. Drebot, O. I., & Gadzalo, A. Ya. (2019). Environmental and economic factors of cross-border cooperation in the context of the bug euro region. Ekonomichnyj visnyk Natsional'noho hirnychoho universytetu, 2, 132–143. https://doi.org/10.33271/ev/66.132.
10. Noferini, A., Berzi, M., Camonita, F., & Durà, A. (2020). Cross-border cooperation in the EU: euroregions amid multilevel governance and re-territorialization. European Planning Studies, 28(1), 35–56. https://doi.org/10.1080/09654313.2019.1623973.
11. Kutsab, P., & Kopyliuk, O. (2019). Features of the formation and implementation of the cross-border cooperation development strategy. Rehional'na ekonomika, 91(1), 31–38. https://doi.org/10.36818/1562-0905-2019-1-4.
12. Skorokhod, I. S., & Kukharyk, V. V. (2016). Formuvannia mekhanizmiv upravlinnia transkordonnymy pryrodnymy resursamy v ievrorehioni «Buh» [Formation of mechanisms for managing transboundary natural resources in the Euroregion «Bug»]. Lutsk, Vezha-Druk.
13. Hizhdivan, L. Yu. (2010). On the status of transboundary natural resources. Derzhava i pravo, 47, 578−582. Available at: http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/bitstream/handle/123456789/33965/04-G%D1%96zhd%D1%96van.pdf?sequence=1.
14. Lukash, O. A., & Derevianko, Yu. M. (2009). Socio-ecological and economic aspects of environmental management in border areas. Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky, 2, 38–44. Available at: https://essuir.sumdu.edu.ua/bitstream-download/123456789/3373/1/58649F9Fd01.pdf.
15. Lytvynenko, N. I. (2015). Instytutsional'ni skladovi sotsial'no-ekonomichnoho rozvytku krainy [Institutional components of socio-economic development of the country]. Dnipropetrovs'k, NHU.
16. Teligenko, A. M. (2004). Quality management of atmospheric air at an interstate level (DrS Thesis). Kyiv, Council for Researching Productive Forces of Ukraine of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Available at: https://essuir.sumdu.edu.ua/bitstream-download/123456789/3512/1/51%d0%b4.pdf.
17. Böhm, H., & Opioła, W. (2019). Czech–Polish cross-border (non) cooperation in the field of the labor market: why does it seem to be un-de-bordered? Sustainability, 11(10), 2855. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11102855.
18. Cappellano, F., & Rizzo, A. (2019). Economic drivers in cross-border regional innovation systems. Regional Studies, Regional Science, 6(1), 460–468. https://doi.org/10.1080/21681376.2019.1663256.
19. Holovach, Yu. V. (2010). Carpathian euroregion as a form of cross-border cooperation of Ukraine with EU countries. Available at: http://www.rusnauka.com/15_AHSN_2010/economics/67853.doc/htm.
20. Pyly, V. I. (2006). Suchasna rehional'na polityka i transkordonne spivrobitnytstvo [Modern regional policy and cross-border cooperation]. Khmelnytskyi, Leonid Yuzkov Khmelnytsky University of Management and Law.
21. Maiboroda, R. Ye. (2007). Rehresiia: linijni modeli [Regression: linear models]. Kyiv, VPTs «Kyivskyi universytet». Available at: https://probability.knu.ua/userfiles/mre/ora0.pdf.
22. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2011). The Law of Ukraine «On the basic principles (strategy) of the state environmental policy of Ukraine for the period up to 2030». Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2818-17.
23. Ziganshina, D. R. (2021). Institutional mechanisms for preventing and resolving cross-border water disputes. American Journal of International Law, 115, 195–200. https://doi.org/10.1017/aju.2021.20.
24. Howaniec, H., & Lis, M. (2019). Euroregions and local and regional development – local perceptions of cross-border cooperation and euroregions based on the euroregion Beskydy. Sustainability, 12(18), 7834. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12187834.
25. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2004). Directive 2004/35/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council «On environmental responsibility for prevention and elimination of consequences of damage to the environment». Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_965#Text.
26. Ecоlеаguе (2007). Strategic environmental document. GEF «Assessment of national potential in the field of global environmental governance in Ukraine». Available at: httр://www.еcоlеаguе.nеt/34903999-501.html.
27. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1998). The Law of Ukraine «On local government in Ukraine». Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/280/97-%D0%B2%D1%80.
28. Suprunenko, L. A. (2015). Problematic issues of cross-border cooperation in Ukraine. Available at: http://molodyvcheny.in.ua/files/conf/eko/11may2015/26.pdf.
29. Drebot, O., Gadzalo, A., & Vysochanska, M. (2021). Aspects of forecasting calculation of investment mechanism on the use of forest resources in context leadership of border territories in Ukraine. Annals of the Romanian Society for Cell Biology, 25(3), 4914–4925. Available at: https://www.annalsofrscb.ro/index.php/journal/article/view/1996.
30. Drebot, O. I., Vysochanska, M. Ya., & Schavinska, A. L. (2020). Informatsijno-analitychnyj faktor ekoloho-ekonomichnykh zasad v konteksti transkordonnoho spivrobitnytstva [Information and analytical factor of ecological and economic principles in the context of cross-border cooperation]. Baltija Publishing, Riga. https://doi.org/10.30525/978-9934-588-61-7-22.
31. Interreg Europe (2020). 30 Stories Interreg Europe. Available at: https://www.interregeurope.eu/30stories.
32. Furdychko, O. I., Lavrov, V. V., & Konischuk, V. V. (2010). Agroecological aspects of environmental protection in the balanced development. Ahroekolohichnyj zhurnal, 2, 5–11.