Analysis and forecasting of Ukrainian agrarian exports to the EU countries
Purpose. The purpose of the paper is to study the state, perspective directions of Ukrainian exports of agricultural products and the introduction of effective forecasting using the method of mathematical modeling of a continuous system of aperiodic components.
Methodology / approach. In the process of research, the fundamental provisions of modern economic science were used in relation to the groups of factors influencing the resulting indicators of export, foreign trade trends, methods of statistical analysis to assess the weight of factors influencing the resulting function, as well as modern mathematical methods for forecasting of agrarian exports were implemented.
Results. The application of the developed mathematical model and the algorithm based on it, allowed to study the situation with the export of Ukrainian agricultural products to the EU, to identify trends specific to individual countries and the EU market as a whole, to assess the opportunities and prospects of niche markets, expansion nomenclature of export goods. Prognoses were given both on the export prospects of individual goods, product groups, and on the volume of deliveries to the EU. The use of factor analysis for forecasting of export deliveries allowed us to assess the impact of each of the factors and limit their amount.
Originality / scientific novelty. For the first time, the method of mathematical modeling of a continuous system based on changes in its aperiodic components was used for efficient and relevant forecasting of agrarian export volumes. Even the stages of application of this method, in particular, the analysis and prognoses for individual items of the nomenclature of export goods, for individual countries – importers make it possible to represent the situation with agrarian exports more accurately and forecast future supplies.
Practical value / importance. The proposed mathematical approach for market analysis and forecasting of markets can be used by both market regulators and producers and exporters of agricultural products. These polynomial equations for analysis and prognostication for individual product groups can be directly used in practice.
2. Awwad, M. (2018), Influences of Frege’s predicate logic on some computational models. Future Human Image, vol. 9, pp. 5–19. https://doi.org/10.29202/fhi/9/1.
3. Bazaluk, O., Yatsenko, O., Zakharchuk, O., Ovcharenko, A., Khrystenko, O. and Nitsenko, V. (2020), Dynamic development of the global organic food market and opportunities for Ukraine. Sustainability, vol. 12(17), 6963. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12176963.
4. Bilan, Yu. V., Nitsenko, V. S. and Samoilyk, Iu. V. (2017), Conceptual modeling of agri-food market development under economy’s globalization. Scientific bulletin of Polissia, vol. 3, is. 11, pp. 1, 54–61. https://doi.org/10.25140/2410-9576-2017-1-3(11)-54-61.
5. Braha, K., Qineti, A., Cupák, A. and Lazorčáková, E. (2017), Determinants of Albanian agricultural export: the gravity model approach. AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, vol. 9, is. 2, pp. 3–21. https://doi.org/10.7160/aol.2017.090201.
6. Chonabayashi, S., Jithitikulchai, T. and Qu, Y. (2020), Does agricultural diversification build economic resilience to drought and flood? Evidence from poor households in Zambia. African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 65–80.
7. Dalevska, N. M. (2012), National economic interests of Ukraine in conditions of global competition. Economic Annals-XXI, vol. 11–12, pp. 15–18.
8. Dong, G., Wang, Z. and Mao, X. (2018), Production efficiency and GHG emissions reduction potential evaluation in the crop production system based on emergy synthesis and nonseparable undesirable output DEA: a case study in Zhejiang Province, China. PLOS ONE, vol. 13(11), e0206680. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0206680.
9. Edeme, R. K., Ifelunini, I. A. and Nkalu, N. C. (2016), A comparative analysis of the impact of agricultural exports on economic growth of ECOWAS countries. Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, vol. 24, is. 5, pp. 31–45. https://doi.org/10.18267/j.aop.556.
10. European Commission (2020), Trade helpdesk. Statistics, available at: https://trade.ec.europa.eu/tradehelp/statistics.
11. Falco, S. D., Doku, A. and Mahajan, A. (2020), Peer effects and the choice of adaptation strategies. Agricultural Economics, vol. 51, is. 1, pp. 17–30. https://doi.org/10.1111/agec.12538.
12. Fenghe, Z. (2020), Analysis of the current situation of agricultural trade development between China and Ukraine. Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 6, is. 1, pp. 23–36. https://are-journal.com.
13. Gao, S., Zhou, T., Yi, C., Shi, P., Fang, W., Liu, R., Liang, E. and Camarero, J. (2020), Asymmetric impacts of dryness and wetness on tree growth and forest coverage. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, vol. 288–289, 107980. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2020.107980.
14. Hadzalo, Ya. M., Lupenko, Yu. O., Puhachov, M. I. et al. (2016), Development of the economy of agriculture of Ukraine in 2011–2015. NSC «IAE», Kyiv, Ukraine.
15. He, J., Zheng, X., Rejesus, R. and Yorobe, J. Jr. (2020), Input use under cost-of-production crop insurance: theory and evidence. Agricultural Economics, vol. 51, is. 3, pp. 343–357. https://doi.org/10.1111/agec.12558.
16. He, X. (2020), US agricultural exports and labor market adjustments. Agricultural Economics, vol. 51, is. 4, pp. 609–621. https://doi.org/10.1111/agec.12575.
17. Heldak, M., Kucher, A., Stacherzak, A. and Kucher, L. (2018), Structural transformations in agriculture in Poland and Ukraine: towards economic sustainability. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, vol. IX, no. 8(32), pp. 1827–1841. https://doi.org/10.14505//jemt.v9.8(32).24.
18. Heyets, V. (2014), The assessment of the impact of the Association Agreement/FTA between Ukraine and the EU on the economy of Ukraine. The scientific report. CSPF Ukraine NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
19. Heyets, V. (2016), Ukraine’s economy: key problems and prospects. Economy and Forecasting, vol. 1, pp. 7–22. https://doi.org/10.15407/eip2016.01.007.
20. Kandilov, I. T. (2008), The effects of exchange rate volatility on agricultural trade. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 90, is. 4, pp. 1028–1043. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8276.2008.01167.x.
21. Karali, B., Isengildina-Massa, O. and Irwin, S. H. (2019), The changing role of USDA inventory reports in livestock markets. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 44, is. 3, pp. 591–604. https://doi.org/10.22004/ag.econ.292333.
22. Karamelikli, H. and Korkmaz, S. (2016), The dynamics of exchange rate pass-through to domestic prices in Turkey. Journal of Business, Economics and Finance, vol. 5, is. 1, pp. 38–48. https://10.17261/Pressacademia.2016116552.
23. Kernasyuk, Yu. (2019), Modern trends in the global grain market. Ahrobiznes sohodni, available at: http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/ekonomichnyi-hektar/item/13865-suchasni-trendy-svitovoho-rynku-zerna.html.
24. Khan, I., Ali, H., Baz, K., Zhang, Q., Khan, A. and Huo, X. (2020), The impact of agriculture trade and exchange rate on economic growth of Pakistan: an NARDL and asymmetric analysis approach. Ciencia Rural, vol. 50, is. 4, pp. 273–282. https://doi.org/10.1590/0103-8478cr20190005.
25. Kirieieva, E. А., Pryshliak, N. V., Shamanska, O. І., Salkova, I. Yu. and Kucher, A. V. (2019), Strategic priorities and financial support of Ukrainian agricultural sector development. International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics, vol. 40, is. 2, pp. 25–37.
26. Kliuchnyk, A. V. (2015), Sales policy and its importance in the development of international business activity. Global and National Problems of Economy, vol. 4, pp. 414–419.
27. Kravchenko, O., Kucher, A., Hełdak, M., Kucher, L. and Wysmułek, J. (2020), Socio-economic transformations in Ukraine towards the sustainable development of agriculture. Sustainability, vol. 12, is. 13, 5441. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12135441.
28. Kucher, A. (2017), Development of rural areas based on rational agricultural land use: a case study of Ukraine in Strategies for the agri-food sector and rural areas – dilemmas of development, eds. M. Wigier, A. Kowalski. Institute of Agricultural and Food Economics – National Research Institute, Warsaw, Poland.
29. Kvasha, S. M. and Hrigoryev, S. I. (2016), Essence and features of agricultural market. Visnyk Odeskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomika, vol. 21, is. 8, pp. 56–59.
30. Lavrysh, Yu. (2018), Implementation of transformative sustainability learning into engineering curricular. Future Human Image, vol. 9, pp. 63–73. https://doi.org/10.29202/fhi/9/6.
31. Liu, Y. and Ker, A. P. (2020), Rating crop insurance contracts with nonparametric bayesian model averaging. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 45, is. 2, pp. 244–264. https://doi.org/10.22004/ag.econ.302453.
32. Lupenko, Yu. O., Gutorov, A. O. and Gutorov, O. I. (2018), Investment ensuring for development of integration relations in the agricultural sector of Ukrainian economy. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, vol. 27, is. 4, pp. 381–389. https://doi.org/10.18371/fcaptp.v4i27.154221.
33. Lusk, J. L., Thompson, N. M. and Weimer, S. L. (2019), The cost and market impacts of slow-growth broilers. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 44, іs. 3, pp. 536–550. https://doi.org/10.22004/ag.econ.292330.
34. Ma, B. (2020), Value shaping of ecological man: external standard and internal idea. Future Human Image, vol. 13, pp. 57–65. https://doi.org/10.29202/fhi/13/6.
35. Melnikov, G. I., Dudarenko, N. A., Melnikov, V. G. and Alyshev, A. S. (2015), Parametric identification of inertial parameters. Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 9, іs. 136, pp. 6757–6765. https://doi.org/10.12988/ams.2015.59584.
36. Melnyk, S. I. (2010), The main directions of formation of competitive advantages of agrarian enterprises of Ukraine in market conditions. Noulidzh, Lugansk, Ukraine.
37. Mesel-Veseliak, V. Ya. (2010), Agrarian reform and organizational and economic transformations in agriculture. NSC «IAE», Kyiv, Ukraine.
38. Ongan, S. and Gocer, I. (2020), The causal relationships between international trade and international tourism in nafta countries: applications of time and frequency domain approaches. The International Trade Journal, vol. 34, іs. 3, pp. 319–338. https://doi.org/10.1080/08853908.2019.1673263.
39. Ostapenko, R., Herasymenko, Y., Nitsenko, V., Koliadenko, S., Balezentis, T. and Streimikiene, D. (2020), Analysis of production and sales of organic products in ukrainian agricultural enterprises. Sustainability, vol. 12(8), 3416. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12083416.
40. Pronko, L., Furman, I., Kucher, A. and Gontaruk, Y. (2020), Formation of a state support program for agricultural producers in Ukraine considering world experience. European Journal of Sustainable Development, vol. 9, іs. 1, pp. 364–379. https://doi.org/10.14207/ejsd.2020.v9n1p364.
41. Pyburn, M., Puzacke, K., Halstead, J. M. and Huang, J. C. (2016), Sustaining and enhancing local and organic agriculture: assessing consumer issues in New Hampshire. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems, vol. 40, іs. 1, pp. 69–95. https://doi.org/10.1080/21683565.2015.1101731.
42. Raišienė, A. G., Yatsenko, O., Nitsenko, V., Karasova, N. and Vojtovicova, A. (2019), Global dominants of Chinese trade policy development: opportunities and threats for cooperation with Ukraine. Journal of International Studies, vol. 12, is. 1, pp. 193–207. https://doi.org/10.14254/2071-8330.2019/12-1/13.
43. Romaneckas, K., Kimbirauskienė, R., Adamavičienė, A., Buragiene, S., Sinkevičienė, A., Sarauskis, E., Jasinskas, A. and Minajeva, A. (2019), Impact of sustainable tillage on biophysical properties of Planosol and on faba bean yield. Agricultural and Food Science, vol. 28, іs. 3, pp. 101–111. https://doi.org/10.23986/afsci.83337.
44. Ryabokon, V. P. and Novikova, N. L. (2016), Improvement of state regulation of economic interests of agrarian sphere. Ekonomika APK, vol. 3, pp. 14–20.
45. Sabluk, P. (2008), State and prospects of development of agro-industrial complex of Ukraine. Ekonomika APK, vol. 12, pp. 4–18.
46. Schonhart, M., Penker, M. and Schmid, E. (2009), Sustainable local food production and consumption: challenges for implementation and research. Outlook on Agriculture, vol. 38, іs. 2, pp. 175–182. https://doi.org/10.5367%2F000000009788632313.
47. Seleka, T. B. and Dlamini, T. S. (2020), Competitiveness of ACP sugar exporters in the global market. The International Trade Journal, vol. 34, іs. 2, pp. 247–277. https://doi.org/10.1080/08853908.2019.1691091.
48. Shpychak, O. M. (2017), Analysis of the current situation and forecast market of livestock products in Ukraine. NSC «IAE», Kyiv, Ukraine.
49. Shpykuliak, O. H. (2010), Institutions in development and regulation of the agrarian market. NSC «IAE», Kyiv, Ukraine.
50. Strashynska, L. V. (2007), The main trends in the development of food markets within the global agri-food system. RVPS Ukrainy NAN Ukrainy, Kyiv, Ukraine.
51. Tun, Y. Y. and Phyo, A. (2019), Economic analysis of green mung bean in selected area, Myanmar. International Journal of Science and Research, vol. 8, іs. 12, pp. 394–401. https://doi.org/10.21275/ART20203145.
52. Ursul, A., and Ursul, T. (2018). Environmental education for sustainable development. Future Human Image, vol. 9, pp. 115–125. https://doi.org/10.29202/fhi/9/12.
53. Werner, S., Lemos, S. R., McLeod, A., Halstead, J. M., Gabe, T., Huang, J.-H., Liang, C. L., Shi, W., Harris, L. and McConnon, J. (2019), Prospects for New England agriculture: farm to fork. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, vol. 48, spec. is. 3, pp. 473–504. https://doi.org/10.1017/age.2019.33.
54. Yatsenko, O., Nitsenko, V., Mardani, A., Streimikiene, S. and Tananaiko, T. (2019), Global risks of trade and economic cooperation of Ukraine with countries of the Northern American region. Montenegrin Journal of Economics, vol. 15, is. 3, pp. 217–225. https://doi.org/10.14254/1800-5845/2019.15-3.16.
55. Yatsenko, О. М., Yatsenko, O. V., Nitsenko, V. S., Butova, D. V. and Reva, O. V. (2019), Asymmetry of the development of the world agricultural market. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, vol. 3, no. 30, pp. 423–434. https://doi.org/10.18371/fcaptp.v3i30.179821.
56. Yurchyshyn, V. V. (2005), Development of a system of state management of agriculture. Ekonomika APK, vol. 6, pp. 6–17.
57. Zamula, I., Tanasiieva, M., Travin, V., Nitsenko, V., Balezentis, T. and Streimikiene, D. (2020), Assessment of the profitability of environmental activities in forestry. Sustainability, vol. 12(7), 2998. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12072998.
58. Zhang, D. (2020), The impact of exchange rate on US imports of salmon: a two-stage demand model approach. The International Trade Journal, vol. 34, is. 2, pp. 201–221. https://doi.org/10.1080/08853908.2019.1631916.